I am trying to make an L2TP connection to a remote Sonicwall from behind pfSense. Yesterday from a dial up connection I was able to establish the L2TP connection without any issues. Today I am behind the pfSense @ my office and I am not able to make the connection. I am guessing I am missing a firewall rule or 2, but I am not sure. I've enabled IPSec on the pfSense, which I thought created the default rules for allowing the IPSec traffic, but it still does not work. I first tried without IPSec enabled on the pfSense, which also did not work.

Do I need more / other rules for this or perhaps a NAT entry to forward traffic to my laptop?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Brian