Fair enough.  However, the screenshots tell me that something is wrong
with your box (or you have Javascript disabled) as they don't match
the code logic.  If you select a gateway pool type, the monitor type
turns to ICMP and is greyed out - there is _no_ way you can select
TCP.  Regardless, deleting the pools and starting over is the
suggested approach - there were bugs in that screen pre-beta 3 that
are likely to help cause most if not all the issues you're seeing.

--Bill