Is this the bug where it accidentally defines an ACL called "all" as the same network/netmask as the LAN? If so, I swear I thought that was fixed.
Charles Sprickman wrote:
On Mon, 24 Apr 2006, Gary Buckmaster wrote:

Charles,

The Squid package was started by someone who stubbed in a lot of functionality and then promptly fell off the face of the earth. As a result, a lot of what's in the user interface including the tie-in to squidGuard isn't there. That's not to say that you couldn't install squidGuard on your pfSense box and manually configure it, but the WebGUI is incomplete at this time.

It looks like it might be a good idea to mark this one broken. I'm not much of a squid expert, but it looks like if you use it in it's default config with the acl rules that the php page builds it blocks all access...

I'll have to revisit it after I digest squid.conf some more. Hopefully I can come up with a working config and inject that into the existing package.

Charles

-Gary

Charles Sprickman wrote:
Hi all,

I'm running RELENG_1_SNAPSHOT_04-12-2006 and am very happy with it. Traffic shaping (one of my main concerns since I do lots of VoIP) is working great for me.

I installed the squid package (2.5.12.1) just to play with it and perhaps do some network-wide URL blocking for ads. When I go to "Services->Squid" there's a checkbox that is labelled "URL Filtering Enabled". There's also an explanation next to it:

"This enables the advanced functionality in conjunction with squidGuard to provide an array of URL filtering options. This squidGuard functionality can be additionally configured from Services -> Advanced Proxy Filtering"

I don't see any "Advanced Proxy Filtering" link under the services menu. Am I missing something, or is this feature just not here yet?

That also brings up a very general question... There's a few things that I'd like to twiddle besides the squid config, including an "illegal" dhcp setup where I hand my laptop the same IP via wired or wireless. What are the plans, if any, to allow a user to override the pfsense-generated configs?

Thanks,

Charles

___
Charles Sprickman