On Fri, 5 May 2006 09:18:01 +0200
Ispánovits Imre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, 4 May 2006 17:36:05 -0400
> "Scott Ullrich" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > What about the switch where both the wan and lan interfaces plug into?
> >  They also need to be able to communicate with each other directly.
> >
> The WAN's are plugged into Cisco routers (SOHO series provided by the ISP).
> On the  LAN there are several switches and also on  the DMZ. But how could
> affect wan, lan or dmz interface the fully isolated interface used for carp
> synchronization? Does it?
>
> Best regards
> Imre
Actually I've tried to sort out where this problem come from, without success.
First of all I get two other MB's with enough pci slots. So I got rid of the
ISA cards. It didn't help.
Then I was trying to close out any of the switches. by connecting the two
pfsense boxes on the opt interfaces with a xover cable, and substitite lan
with a HUB on which besides the two box only my notebook was. Didn't help.