From: Darkest.Cobra [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2006 8:18 PM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: [pfSense Support] Problem with DynDNS daemon...

Hi all!
I'm newbie to pfSense... I have found it a couple of days ago... And it seems really reliable!!
But I have a little problem with DynDNS...
Searching the forum didn't solve the problem (maybe I've searched too fast :P)... So I'm hoping to find a little aid here! :D

This is my problem...
As you can see in the attachment "mynet.pdf", you can have a look at my home network... When I start the DynDNS daemon it works really fine, but it updates my DynDNS host with my WAN Private Address (192.168.0.100) instead of mine Router Public Address (x.x.x.x) After the first update, DynDNS cache is filled with my WAN Private Address and when it tries to do another update, it says that the DynDNS host is already correct, obviously...

I had this problem also on Smoothwall, but with two light scripts that take the Public Address from a DynDNS web page and the other that login into my DynDNS account, updating it, the problem was solved...

I don't know if I can attach them to my mail... But... Anyway... I do it :P Maybe they can help...

You would also know that:

- The router itself establishes the connection to my ISP...
- I have a Dynamic Address
- Into the General Setup I have specified one ISP DNS Server
- Something else?

I'm sorry for my bad bad English...

Thanks for every answer!

- Luca