On 5/17/06, Ispánovits Imre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> True, seconded :)  Using dedicated (untagged) vlans for each port in a
> trunk configuration is a good idea too if your switch supports this.

Trunked vlans? How this looks like?

Again, I think my terminology is getting the better of me.

Lets say port 5 is in vlan 5, but you want it to be a trunk port, not
an access port, you still keep it in vlan 5, but you put vlans 6-10 in
your trunk statement.  The native vlan for the port is 5, the tagged
vlans are 6-10.  I can't speak to any switches other than Cisco and
even then it's not my job to configure them, I know enough to make it
work on the firewall side.