Chad Frerer wrote:

Hey list:

I’m a Comcast cable subscriber using PFSense as my gateway.

I have a device that MUST use upnp (*ducks*) to function correctly. I’m sure that this isn’t supported now (or will be) so I’m opting to get a second IP address. The device that needs the extra address sits on my lan subnet.

My question is this:

How do I get my device (Xbox360) to get that extra IP? Comcast said that both addresses are dynamically assigned so I can’t really add any information in the proxy arp (virtual ip) page.

The 360 will have to be a DHCP client so you can get that second IP. There's no way for your firewall to pick up that second IP. You'll have to put a switch between your pfsense WAN and cable modem and plug in the 360 there.

I would say ideally you'd put the 360 off an OPT interface on pfsense set up bridged to WAN, but since you're essentially going to let it open up whatever ports it wants, you'd have to leave your firewall rules wide open so there really isn't any point in doing that (unless you want to for some reason).