They're still around....

http://www.ipswitch.com/

On 5/23/06, Peter Curran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Cacti is a pretty powerful tool, but does need a lot of integration work.

Years ago I used to use a tool called 'Whats UP?'. This was a great little
tool for getting a snap-shot of what was working, what wasn't etc. This
would be pretty useful in conjunction with pfsense's load balancing and
auto-failover capabilities.

Whats Up? seems to have slid beneath the waves of corporate mergers. Does
anybody know of an equivalent (preferably open source)?

/Peter

On Tuesday 23 May 2006 02:50, Ben Browning wrote:

> You can enable the SNMP daemon and remotely monitor all those things

> you mentioned. I use the open-source web-based software Cacti

> (http://www.cacti.net/) to monitor many servers via SNMP.

> It may take a bit of work to install and learn how to use it, but it's

> the best tool I have for keeping tabs on what all of our servers are

> doing.

believed to be clean.