From: Paul Willard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 8:32 PM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: [pfSense Support] Load balancing

Yeah I know, I know .. RTFM ... I read everything can't figure it out.

lan = 192.168.1.253
wan = 202.37.230.93 (pppoe)
opt1 = 203.96.212.68

Firewall->NAT->Outbound
Int             Source          Source Port             Dest    Dest Port
   NAT Add NAT Port        Static Port
OPT1    192.168.1.0/24  *                       *               *
           *                       *                       NO

WAN     192.168.1.0/24  *                       *               *
           *                       *                       NO

Services->Load Balancer
Name                                    Servers/Gateways
   Port            Monitor         Description

LoadBalancetoWAN                202.37.230.93/210.48.22.38
                                                203.96.212.1/203.96.212.1

Note:
In the wiki it says
"in the IP box type in the IP address of the gateway (this has to be
one of the gateways configured at WAN or OPTx's)"

I read this to mean use the gateway IP rather than the interface
IP .. was I right?

Firewall->Rules->LAN
Proto   Source          Port            Dest    Port            Gateway
*               LAN Net         *               *               *
   *

So to my knowledge everything should be setup correctly.
so a quick test.

links -source http://www.whatismyip.com | grep -i TITLE\> | sed "s/
<title>//I" | sed "s/<\/title>//I" | sed "s/WhatIsMyIP.com\ -\ //"
202.37.230.93

I would expect the ip to change every now and then .. but it has
never changed

Can some one point out what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
Paul.