After stumbling across the very same problem when trying BETA4 on a
Nokia IP120, I am currently installing the development environment on
another i386 platform in order to attempt to build a patched
kernel/.iso that will boot on the Nokia hopefully without panicing, or
provide some some debug output (enable debug symbols, core dump, ddb,
etc.).

I will let the list know about the outcome once the update & build
completes in a few hours hopefully - I had to install the build
environment on an old P-II after I failed to get cvsup working
correctly from within a virtual machine under VMware from behind a firewall...

Regards,
Rolf