I have looked at the man page and so far am having a hard time adding the user,
      I am looking at
http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?pwd_mkdb+8+NetBSD-current &
http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?db+3+NetBSD-current. The comands
I am trying to run are;

pwd_mkdb -s 4 -u _bgpd -B /etc/spwd.db
pwd_mkdb: line #1 too long
pwd_mkdb: /etc/spwd.db: Inappropriate file type or format
# pwd_mkdb -s 4 -u _bgpd -L
usage: pwd_mkdb [-BCiLNp] [-d directory] [-s cachesize] [-u username] file
# pwd_mkdb -s 4 -u _bgpd -L /etc/pwd.db
pwd_mkdb: line #1 too long
pwd_mkdb: /etc/pwd.db: Inappropriate file type or format
#
# pwd_mkdb -s 4 -u _bgpd -L /etc/master.passwd
pwd_mkdb: corrupted entry
pwd_mkdb: at line #27
pwd_mkdb: /etc/master.passwd: Inappropriate file type or format

 Not sure what I am doing wrong.

   -W