Tim Dickson wrote:
Also on boot up my interfaces peak at 200mbs and throw off my graphs from that point on.

This is typical of SNMP monitoring (well, I'm assuming that's what the RRD graphs use, though I really don't know offhand). The only way to avoid that, per the Cacti developers where it's also seen in their RRD graphs, is to run something on your data to eliminate the spikes. I've used it before (not on pfsense) a while back and it worked as intended, but it's been a long time since I've used it since Cacti has worked around the spike issue by letting you define a max value for every graph with any data above that level getting dropped as invalid. I don't recall all the details offhand since it's been a while since I've dealt with it, but if you go to the Cacti forums and search for spikes, you'll come back with all kinds of info. (not that it's directly related, as pfsense doesn't use Cacti, but it sounds like the same cause)