From: Tom Müller-Kortkamp [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thu 13/07/2006 07:30
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] CARP - failover inconsistencies

Am 12.07.2006 um 14:28 schrieb Alastair Stevens:
> But do you know why we are seeing this asymmetric 'flapping' at
> other times?  I have checked all the settings, and each CARP pair
> has a unique VHID, and box A is set to a lower advertising
> frequency.  My understanding is that the 'preempt' flag should
> cause all interfaces to failover together.

Hi,

had the same problem with a fast Master and a WRAP for backup:

Go to the Slave-Servers CARP-Settings and rise the Advertising
Frequency for each CARP-Interface above 100. This should make it a
real "hot-standby" Slave ...
I also enabled "Load Balancing" in the CARP Settings which should
enable net.inet.carp.arpbalance.

Tom
--
kommunity GmbH & Co.KG