I'm trying to use authpf with pfsense. Everything should run smoothly but I get this error from pfctl when I log to ssh.

pfctl: /dev/fd/4: No such file or directory
Unable to modify filters
Connection to 192.xxx.xxx.xxx closed.

pfctl: /dev/fd/4: No such file or directory

It look like authpf can't use pfctl to add rules to pf. Or pfctl can't connect to pf to update. pfctl -sa work flawlessly.

My pfsense is "up to date"

RELENG_1_SNAPSHOT-07-18-2006
built on Fri Jun 16 01:04:23 UTC 2006

googling: [pfctl: "No such file or directory"] lead me to:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-pf/2004-November/000584.html

> pfctl : /dev/fd/7: No such file or directory

You have to mount a fdescfs(5) filesystem in order to get this working.

googling: [authpf pfctl: "No such file or directory"]

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=docs/89635

I quote: "For authpf to work fdescfs must be mounted to /dev/fd"

# mount fdescfs
mount: fdescfs: unknown special file or file system
# mount fdescfs /dev/fd
mount: fdescfs: No such file or directory

Any help ?