Fantastic, that's exactly what I needed, Thanks!

From: Espen Johansen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 20 July 2006 16:29
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] SDSL Question

SDSL/SHDSL/gSHDSL equipment are not easily changed from one vendor/DSLAM to the next, so you should rather setup your modems in bridge mode instead of trying to replace them.

This config will change the router into bridge mode.
Before you start you might want to backup your old config and possible any pppoe/pppoa username/pass that you need for the pfsense config. You will also need config password and enable password for the router.
Either that or you can ask your tech rep to send you a modem based on this config (a smaller ISP will most likely help you do this, a big one will most likely not).

---------------
Enable
Configure terminal
No service pad
Service timestamps debug uptime
Service timestamps log uptime
Service password-encryption
Hostname "your_routername"
Ip subnet-zero
No ip routing
Bridge irb
Interface Ethernet0
No shutdown
No ip address
No ip route-cache
Bridge-group 1
Hold-queue 100 out
Interface ATM0
No shutdown
No ip address
No ip route-cache
No atm ilmi-keepalive
Pvc 8/35
Encapsulation aal5snap
Dsl equipment-type CPE
Dsl operating-mode GSHDSL symmetric annex B (might be different annex standard for your region, check the old config before you do this)
Dsl linerate AUTO
Bridge-Group 1
Interface BVI1
Ip address "the ip you want on the inside of the router" "subnet"
No shutdown
Ip classless
No ip http server
Bridge 1 protocol ieee