On 8/4/06, Nick Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Gary Buckmaster wrote:
> Scott Ullrich wrote:
>> On 8/3/06, Gary Buckmaster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Aren't those Opteron based?  If so, then you're out of luck, because
>>> pfSense is currently not an x64 platform.
>>
>> Opterons will run just fine on 32 bit as well as 64 bit.  One of our
>> builder servers is a dual Opteron.
>>
>> Scott

What about a sparc64? like a sun u2? will it run on that?

Wrong architecture.  FreeBSD does run on these machines though, feel
free to attempt to bootstrap our build (you'll need to recompile the
binaries we have in our CVS tree for sparc64 of course).  No reason it
can't run on there, we're just not going to provide a build for it.
Besides, you'll save enough in power costs by not running that Ultra2
in a year or two to buy a decent low VIA based machine.