Bill Marquette wrote:
> On 9/25/06, Roberto Greiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to install pfSense (1.0rc2) on a machine, but one of the
>> boards, despite being identified during installation, does not seem to
>> work. The leds show no signal of traffic, and a ping to the gateway gets
>> no answer, neither from other machines on the same network (it's not a
>> firewall issue, I've checked).
>>
>> All I know about the board is that it's from a brand named 'Kaiomy', and
>> pfSense labeled it as fwe0.
>>
>> Does somebody know if this board can be brought to work?
>
> That's the Firewire network driver.  The BUGS section of it's man page
> is kind of interesting.
>
> BUGS
>     This driver emulates Ethernet in a very adhoc way and it does not
> reserve
>     a stream channel using an isochronous manager.  Note that this driver
>     uses a protocol which is very different from RFC 2734 (IPv4 over IEEE
>     1394).
>
> I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this card doesn't work all
> that well.  BTW, are you sure that the Kaiomy really is the fwe
> interface? :)  Seems like it's probably your firewire card (assuming
> you have one) not the Kaiomy NIC.
>
> --Bill
Yes, actually the machine has 2 firewire interface, one onboard and one
adicional card (don't ask, I wasn't the one who bought this machine :-P).

I found a driver disk for the NIC, and it seems to be realtek based. I'm
trying to force interface rl0, to see if it works.

Thank you,

Roberto

|                     Marcos Roberto Greiner                        |
|         Os otimistas acham que estamos no melhor dos mundos       |
|         Os pessimistas tem medo de que isto seja verdade          |
|                                                     Murphy        |