Good morning Rob,
    No I am running this over TCP, I can lower the ping time and see
if that makes a difference.

   Wade B

On 10/11/06, Rob Terhaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 10/10/06, Captain Bablam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Good afternoon all,
>       I am seeing two strange behaviours since upgrading to RC3;
>
> 1. FW rules will not apply without a restart of the firewall. I have
> never seen this on the platform. I can actually see (denies in this
> case) entries in the log for the rule(s) that were removed. My
> rulebase is stable now (after  a reboot) what information can I send
> the group when I see this again? Also has anyone else experienced
> this?
>
> 2. Openvpn is restarting, from the server side and client side logs it
> looks like the issue is server side. The error message on the client
> side is;
> "Tue Oct 10 11:50:01 2006 [host.domain.com] Inactivity timeout
> (--ping-restart), restarting"
>
> Server side error is;
> "openvpn[357]: username/pub.ip.add.ress:15470 Connection reset, restarting [0]
>
> I have had the tunnel drop and re-establish 9 times since about 8:30
> this morning. I have seen it stay up for as long as an hour and also
> less than 10 min.
>
>       -W

Are you using UDP for your openvpn tunnel?
Try switching to TCP and try lowering your keep-alive pingtime.

"Integrity is more important than perception management"
"There are two kinds of pain, the pain of change and the pain of never changing"