On 10/16/06, Bill Marquette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 10/15/06, PlanAlpha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 1. I have pfsense installed on a cf card. I have installed the squid
> package. Does the diskcaching from squid write to my cf card? (worried
> about it killing my cf card)

Full install to CF card, not an embedded image I take it.  Yes, squids
diskcaching will be writing to your card - expect a short life
expectancy.

Just my .02:
I did some experiments with squid, and I solved this problem creating a ramdisk, and let squid use it for caching. I think it should be even faster, other than saving your cf..
I'm trying to create a custom image, if someone need I can send the scripts I will use: any suggestion will be really appreciated...
Tom