I store my swapfile on a ram drive!

On 11/4/06, Bill Marquette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 11/4/06, Holger Bauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
> We know that it can run with less than 128 MB *IF* you don't push it too hard and don't use too many features. However our official mininum specs will remain 128 MB RAM.
>
> Holger

Unlike Microsoft, we publish minimum requirements that actually allow
you to _use_ the system.  Sure Windows XP will run in 128M ram, good
luck launching any web browsers though.  You tell me, is 128M the
minimum? :)  We publish 128M because we've seen issues with people
pushing lower end boxes (and on embedded especially where there's no
swap - and believe me, you don't want your firewall swapping! - things
tend to go wonky)