I am trying to get PPTP clients that connect to the pfsense box to resolve local clients IP addresses. But when I get connected and try to ping a internal host I get the public IP not the internal. I have the DNS forwarder on and entries for the local hosts. I also confirm that the entries have been made in the hosts file on the pfsense box. I specifically tell the XP client to use pfsense's LAN IP for the it's PPTP DNS server. But when I run nslookups on the XP box after I connect it still uses the local DNS not the PPTP DNS server.

What gives? Is there some setting to tell XP to only use the PPTP DNS servers when an active VPN connection is made?

Thanks,

Lee