Jeroen wrote ..

> This however puzzles me. There must be something wrong with the windows
> drivers and/or settings. I'll try disabling powersaving all together
> tomorrow. Now
> it's time to sleep ;)
>
> Thanks for now!
>
> --
> Jeroen

This is strange indeed. Here's something I found in the release notes for
the Intel XP driver:

Recommended Power Configuration

A client disassociates upon moving to hibernation mode when the following
conditions are met:

    * A client is connected to an 802.1x profile
    * The Power Management setting in the Adapter Settings is configured to
"Allow the device to bring the computer out of standby"
    * In Microsoft Windows*, the system is configured to move automatically
from standby to hibernation in the Power Option Properties

The recommendation is to set the system hibernate power option to “Never” when
the computer is on AC power.

Try that and if it doesn't work then show us the packet capture.