are you running 1.0.1? I know there were some fixes for the snort blocking from 1.0 to 1.0.1. Try upgrading if you're on 1.0
good luck

----- Original Message -----
From: Martin Fuchs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: support@pfsense.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 8:44:26 AM GMT-0800 US/Pacific
Subject: [pfSense Support] SQUID and SNORT

Hi !

Does anyone use the snort and squid package on his system ?
Does anyone have any issues with it ?

I have two systems, one with dynamic ip and one with a static ip and the system with the dynamic ip cannot be accessed from WAN after some time, restarting the squid package seems to solve the problem.

On both systems, when both packages are installed, it seems as if snort does not block anything, at least there's nothing in the logs...
Squid is installed in transparent mode.

If the squid package is not installed, snort logs some things in the system-logs again...

any hints ?

Martin