i use the freebsd port net/wakeonlan.  i wake up my extra workstation, my dev
vmware server, and my backup server with a cron job every morning.

 55      7       *       *       *       root    /usr/local/bin/wakeonlan -i
192.168.125.127 00:20:ed:35:dc:61 00:07:e9:18:79:e9 00:30:48:21:fd:ea
> /dev/null 2>&1

i think the wakeonlan binary also supports inputting from a list of mac
addresses, when your list gets too long to manage from a single cron line.
just call the binary and its list, and off you go.  the man will tell you all
about it.

cheers,
jonathan