On 1/27/07, Wade Blackwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hey guys good morning,
      So I don't know how the rules might be subverted but since there is
always that chance i would like to have the option of putting yet another
road block up. This technique is used allot in large organizations, it
usually is done in a much fancier way, with netflow/Sflow and heuristics. I
am taking a more simple approach, I just want to take a blacklist, route all
the addresses on that blacklist to /dev/null in case my Dansguardian
solution is subverted. I am blocking all outbound http/https connections and
forcing the users through a proxy solution.
     Bill, I tried routing to loopback but it just adds an extra hop in
the path (not what I expected). So I am sure that i could add an 8,000 line
route add to the rc.local script I was just wondering if there is a more
elegant way to do that.  Thanks.

     Wade B

On 1/27/07, Bill Marquette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 1/26/07, Wade Blackwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Good afternoon all,
> >       Can PF can support blackholing by routing to /dev/null? It
> doesn't
> > look like the web configurator will let me do that magic, how would
> one go
> > about adding and deleting routes for that purpose?
>
> Add a static route (System->Static Routes I think) to 127.0.0.1.  That
> should drop it.

I usually use 0.0.0.0