VPN.-Sean Cavanaugh

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 21:40:28
+0000Subject: [pfSense Support] Is PPTP that insecure?

I have set up PPTP on my pfsense box and have googled around trying to find out
just exactly how insecure it is.  I have read stuff to the effect that the
earlier MS implementations were really poor, but it was improved.  I have also
read that if you are running it on your firewall as opposed to your Windows
server, that is a good thing too.

So what's the score according to the PFsense community of users?  I'm not
running a bank here or have military secrets, but it would be pain if someone
broke in to do damage or to steal some of the data off of my home servers.  Can
anyone give some level headed advice?

Thanks.

Donovan
Live Search: Better results, fast