Von: Kelvin Chiang [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Freitag, 9. März 2007 11:36
An: support@pfsense.com
Betreff: [pfSense Support] Load Balancer

Hi, I have some questions concerning Load Balancer and Failover, hope that
someone can help.

1.  I have configured the load balancer for 2 physical interfaces (WAN & OPT1).
I monitor the states table and realized that the icmp packets for monitoring
purpose were fired only from the OPT1 interface, none from the WAN interface.
Is this what it is supposed to do? Logically, to monitor whether each interface
is online or offline, the icmp should be fired from each interface respectively.

2. If I want the WAN and OPT1 interface to function both for load balancing as
well as failover, do I create 2 gateway pool, one with "Load Balancing"
behaviour and other with "Fail Over" behaviour?

Regards,
Kelvin