From: Bill Marquette [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2007 5:46 AM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] Outbound NAT

On 3/16/07, Kelvin Chiang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi, I've got a question on outbound NAT. Can anyone help?
>
> In the outbound NAT definition page, the "Translation" has 2 options,
> 1) Interface Address and 2) Any. In what kind of circumstances that we

> need to use Any? Does it still do a translation or without
> translation?

>From the description for the field.

"Packets matching this rule will be mapped to the IP address given here.
If you want this rule to apply to another IP address than the IP address
of the interface chosen above, select it here (you need to define
Virtual IP addresses on the first). Also note that if you are trying to
redirect connections on the LAN select the "any" option."