On 6/1/07, Ronald Zúñiga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi All,

I just want to know if it is possible to install a printer on pfsense. I
need to share the printer to a windows network... so I think I would be
using samba...

Since no one answered your question.
A Firewall is not exactly the device that you should use to share Printers :-)
But in Firms where systems are very few most functions are crammed
into the available hardware.
I remember when I first Joined for Job there were only 5 systems in
the company and one machine was the Domain Controller, Firewall, Web
Proxy, File Server, WebServer, Database Server etc. etc.

So If that is your case : Since you mentioned about using Samba I
guess you want to share the printer primarily to Windows Computers.
You can save yourselves from a lot of trouble if you configure printer
on one of the Windows machines and share it from there.

This has nothing to do with pfsense but I really felt pity on you
because of your question. They are similar to the ones I asked 5 yrs
back :-)

Thankyou so much

Kind Regards

Siju