From: Steven Hodgen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 4:45 PM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: [pfSense Support] VPN question

Ok, so I hope you will all forgive my inexcusable use of this list for
questions that aren't 100% specific to pfSense.

Nevertheless, I want to use pfSense to let me create a road-warrior for
our internal Windows domain. So, at some level there are questions
specific to pfSense.  Actually, what this message is really about is my
ignorance, and lack of ability to ferret out cogent answers on Google
and searching this list.

Information:
* We have a server running Windows 2003 Standard Edition.
* Another machine running pfSense 1.2 Beta-1
* A Comcast Business WAN with a static IP.
* An internal LAN subnet 192.168.1.0/24
* Another subnet on a different different ethernet port 192.168.2.0/24
used for isolating our internal wireless traffic (we're a school and
kids all use wireless and are not on domain).
* So, we're using three of four available ethernet ports on the firewall

machine.
* I have roaming profiles configured and lots of Group Policy rules.

Questions:
1. What is the best way to configure pfSense so that a road-warrior can
access our LAN domain as if he/she was here (except for speed, of
course).
2. Related to 1: what is the best (balance easy with secure) of the four

choices: IPsec, OpenVPN, PPPoE, PPTP, way to achieve this.  Pros/Cons.

Ok, so now I'm going to thank you in advance for putting up with my
questions.  Truthfully, I know just about  enough about networking and
TCP/IP, etc. to be dangerous.  But I learn quickly, and really
appreciate your help.

I hope I gave you all enough information.  If there's a specific log or
config file that would help you, please let me know.

--Steven