On Jun 29, 2007, at 10:40 AM, Chris Buechler wrote:

Ronald L. Rosson Jr. wrote:
The backup thru-put when the devices where in the same VLAN were roughly 200/MB/min. With the current configuration the thru-put has dropped to 21MB/min.

It sounds like you had a problem to begin with and just made it worse by adding latency (though very minimal). Your original "200 MB/min" is only 25 Mbps when on the same VLAN, which is pathetic. With tools for reasonable measurement of network throughput between subnets, like netperf or iperf, what do you get? How are you measuring this 200 and 21 MB/min?

Sorry I had meant to state that the backup software is Retrospect and the numbers are from the logs of the software in my original post.

-Ron