Just tried to replace my m0n0 with the latest snap of pf, and I uploaded
the config from the m0n0 box and the upgrade was probably about 95%
(Upgrade Issues: I had to fix the Outbound NAT rules due to a syntax
error, the WAN interface didn't pick up the Gateway address, and the
Virtual IPs were all missing.) Other than that, it's nice to see that it
picked up all the rest of our config.

However, after fixing the above, I still had an issue where the NAT port
mappings from the Virtual IPs weren't wotking, which, in the course of
trying to fix it by adding the Virtual IPs (I changed them all to CARP
addresses as I intend to add a second pfSense in the next couple of
days), I now receive the following on the console every time pfSense
boots right after "Generating RRD graphs...done.":

cupid = 0; apic id = 00
fault virtual address           = 0xc9
fault code                              = supervisor read, page not
present
instruction pointer             = 0x20:0xc079aae0
stack pointer                   = 0x28:0xc7d76bd4
frame pointer                   = 0x28:0xc7d76bd8
code segment                    = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags                = interrupt enabled, IOPL = 0
current process                 = 24 (irq11: de0 de1 de2)
trap number                     = 12
panic: page fault
cupid = 0
Uptime: 3m30s
Cannot dump: No dump device defined.
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort

Any ideas? Is it an issue with the upgrade, or did I screw something up
in the CARP config? FWIW, this is running in a MS Virtual Server 2005 R2
SP1 virtual machine, so it shouldn't have anything to do with the
hardware, as there are 10 other virtual machines running without issue.
I gave it a 4GB virtual hard drive, 128MB RAM, and 3 network interfaces.

Dimitri Rodis
Integrita Systems LLC