Sean
Thanks a ton for taking a moment to respond.  I am just not the HDD guy.  I
feel besides being silent, flash will perhaps save some energy too but I am not
that sure.

Let me know your thoughts to the following:

A   Install a disk Flash
B    Use CD to install a full version on Flash
C    Use to configure all interfaces etc.
D    Save Configuration file on the laptop
E    Use the Menu item "System" > Firmware to enable firmware upgrade on the
flash drive
F    Upload the Embedded firmware and reboot

Before the upload of Embedded Firmware, there may be some configuration setting
changes I may have to do......

Will this method avoid the traditional RAW write etc., which is a rather
convoluted method for  lesser geeks like us.

Thanks again for your prompt response.

Anil Garg

Sean Cavanaugh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:     I would prob recommend the HDD
since its upgradeable with packages and all.  most of the runtime I believe is
kept on a RAM style partition unless yer saving  logs. but if you want silent,
the flash based isnt a bad way to go either.

 -Sean