On 8/20/07, Joel Newkirk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is there any way I can load-balance incoming SMTP across a pool of mail
> nodes, but still retain the original source IP on the packets??  I'm
> unable to find anything in the interface, nor any relevant search
> results here in the forum or elsewhere. Sad

Probably because nobody has had this issue.  You must be natting
outbound on the interface sitting on the same segment as the mail
servers if you are seeing a source NAT occurring.  pfSense by default
will NAT on interfaces with gateways set - any chance this is the
case?  Also, are you making use of advanced outbound NAT?

> public-accessible services have source IPs logged, for example)  I'm
> hoping there's something simple (or complex) I've missed that will omit
> the SNAT.

More likely, something you accidentally setup.