On 9/5/07, Atkins, Dwane P <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Scott and all,
>
> I guess my one question would be, is if the pfSense is a basic
> pass-through device, what would've caused the swap space to failed even
> in the event of a virus?  Does each packet get stored and then
> forwarded?  And in that case, inundate the swap file?

If a client has a virus and is probing the internet on port 80 then
each of the requests gets filtered into PHP where the login page is
shown.   If you have too many of these occurring you can exhaust your
ram without the new option to limit the connection count.

> We have since changed the device to 1.2 RC2.
>
> We had some issues.  We had to actually reload from scratch and build
> the configuration from scratch since we didn't actually have it backed
> up.  And that was OK.  It meant if there was something screwed up in the
> config, it was gone.
>
> Do you recommend that we set the maximum concurrent connection to 1 or
> 2?  Or should we leave it at default?

Depends on the splash page and if images are involved, etc.

Scott