Ole Barnkob Kaas wrote:
Hello,

I use pfSense in a number of remote locations. All running on Soekris 4801 platform with the pfSense-1.0.1-Embedded.img.gz image. Sometimes the box failes to come online after either deliberate or accidental power cycle.

It complains that volumes was not properly dismounted. After check and mount files are missing. I assumed that the cf card was mounted read only to better survice eg. powerfailures. Any reason why they should be r/w?

There are bugs in 1.0.1 that cause corruption on embedded. Use 1.2RC2 and it won't happen.