>> You haven't specified what MPLS-based service(s) you're taking!
>> First point of call for all MPLS-related issues : have you made sure you
>> can pass full 1500-byte frames across the circuit?
This is IP over MPLS (I think that is what it would be called).  I did use
iperf to run traffic over the link, and I sent 1500 byte frames with success.
I also saw good bandwidth and low packet loss.  Again, it only has issues when
the traffic is routed through pfsense... if I set a static route from my
desktop to the cisco MPLS router it works just fine.  As you might expect, only
outgoing traffic is effected as incoming should be bypassing pfsense either
way.  It seems that the outgoing traffic just stops flowing through pfsense.
When I wireshark an rdesktop session it freezes and looking at the packet
capture my machine was sending TCP retransmissions for a few minutes which did
not appear to be getting through.
Could this be a states issue?  Are states created for routed traffic?
Thanks for the ideas guys, I'm pretty stumped as to whats going on here.  Seems
like a pretty straightforward setup.
James