Ugo Bellavance wrote:
>>     ntop is using 100% of one of my 2 CPUs on my pfsense.  I tried to
> After rebooting, all came back to normal.  ntop using less than 1% cpu
> and running correctly.

maybe it's just me, but I've never found a version/build of ntop which
was stable and didn't have problems when used for high-traffic measurement!

I certainly wouldn't want to run ntop on the firewall, I'd set up a
mirror port on your internal switch and hang a dedicated NIDS (snort)
and NTOP box on that.

When faced with this problem a few years back I tried darkstat instead,
but it was pretty primitive at the time, I fixed it up to work a bit
better and submitted new code but not sure it made it in.
Darkstat is a lot less resource hungry, and it's a lot smaller.

Paul