I have a multi wan setup with 3 WAN interfaces and 1 LAN.  It is using policy
based routing.  DNS refuses to work.  This is because the pfsense machine can
not resolve anything.  The DNS servers are correct.  They are pingable from
the pfsense machine.  They are accessible from machines on the LAN.  A
traceroute shows that the pfsense machine is trying to access DNS servers for
OPT1 and OPT2 using the WAN interface instead.  I setup rules for the LAN
interface so that all connections to the specific DNS server must go out over
specific interfaces.  This works for the LAN but does not work for the
pfsense machine itself.  Can some one provide some insight to this?  Do I
need to add static routes for these instead of LAN firewall entries?  The
warnings on the static routes page seems to indicate that I should not.  I am
sure that others are using multiple DNS servers from multiple ISPs in a
multi-wan setup.  What am I missing?

Robert