Raleigh Guevarra wrote:
Hi there, I have: pfSense version 1.2-RC3 DNS Forwarder enabled DNS Server disabled Everything's running ok until I tried to disable the DNS Forwarder, I lost internet connection. I enabled it again and when I tried to ping a computer by hostname, it returned a different IP (74.200.220.215) not the LAN IP (192.168.0.x)
You didn't lose your Internet connection, you lost DNS resolution.

I'm assuming your LAN clients are DHCP clients having their names registered, disabling the DNS forwarder likely deletes the registrations and they won't reappear until DHCP renewal.