It's been about 6 months since I did it last... but did you try and add vlans
for the WAN?

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Iarocci [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 4:57 PM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: RE: [pfSense Support] Setting up on Soekris NET5501-70 with all
features

Tim,

I appreciate the help.  I didn't think you were bashing.

Anyway, I ran the liveCD on my laptop, and as I suspected it complains that I
do not have 2 working interfaces and will not go any further (it also doesn't
recognize my NIC card in the machine).  So, I'm stuck needing an image with the
serial port on, or needing instructions on how to do it myself (I do not have
the hardware needed to install it, configure it, and then move the hard drive).
 Can anyone help me???  I really want to use pfsense for this project, but
right now I'm stuck without some guidance.

The live CD does allow for shell access.  I'm wondering if I can somehow do it
through there or if I need to decompress the ISO and modify the loader.  The
other question I have is, once I know how to modify the files needed, what
exactly do I put in them, and where?

Thanks.

Chris

P.S. Couldn't an image be made for this purpose?  I didn't think I was doing
anything out of the ordinary putting a hard disk in a Net5501.  It is quite a
robust little machine and certainly can handle the full version.