OK.  Im stranded, but at least im not alone.  I am using pfsense 1.3RC3.  I
upgraded before i posted the question in hopes that would work.  It didn't.
I feel like I have to be missing something.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Kusler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 11:18 AM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: RE: [pfSense Support] Virtual Ips

I am having the same problem.  I have an external IP from Qwest which is
part of an 8-IP address block.  That IP is the "gateway" and the others
are for my use.  SO I am trying to assign them to devices on my local
net.

I set up mine in virtual IP, and created a NAT rule with the option
selected to also create an associated firewall rule.

I can surf out to the internet just fine but I can not access the device
through the IP I designated, from the outside going in.

I don't know about you, but I am using pfSense 1.01 and no extra
services like Squid.  One person suggested that Squid was installed and
was block the entrance from the outside.  But that was not the case
because it is not installed.

So I am in the same boat you are.

James Kusler, Information Technology Manager
PHONE| 509.624.1613 or 800.822.4456          FAX| 509.624.1604
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | www.sound-tele.com | www.solaxis.com