Hello,

update:
The Equipment from the Provider is an Cablemodem,
and the Hostnames in the Providers DNS consists the Last part of the ip i.e. 111-11.echostar.pl

It is Motorola Cable Modem SB5101

Put DHCP on and link goes up down up down ....

Markus

Markus Helfrich schrieb:
Hello,

no wierd messages.
What i see is a Message Link down and one second later link up and then the pfsense wall do all the stuff for this event. Bring up all daemons dyndns dhcp and so on. This causes 100% CPU Time. As i know i have standard TCP/IP Port. I configured the WAN Port the same way as i do for a connecting in standard LAN. You know, the same Way if you have a direct connection to a switch, and dhcp server .

As a short Workaround i do a static config for the WAN port and now the
Provider Changes the IP .. ähem not really we lost conectivity while the Pfsense don't use dhcp now. I don't know why i lost the Link if dhcp is on. Is it a Hardware Problem ? Its Realtek Gigabit Chip. Or is it the dhcp implemtation ?

Greetings
Markus

Curtis LaMasters schrieb:
With pfSense in place did you get any wierd log messages relating to arp?
How is your ISP delivering their connectivity to you?

Curtis