On Jan 25, 2008, at 1:46 PM, Anil Garg wrote:

I have a machine with 1GB of Ram on which I wish to install pfsense 1.2rc4.

Does anyone know how to disable paging after installation since we have much more memory than we need.

Essentially, is there a way to run pfsense entirely from ram.

Unless your system needs more than that RAM, you will never hit the swap partition. However, what you're asking is essentially to run your system without swap, means that when you *do* need more memory, you would rather the system panic than degrade performance.

I'd recommend monitoring if you ever go to swap, and then react to it, rather than making the system panic for out of memory.