Paul M wrote:
I've noticed that if I have a pair of firewalls - master/slave - and
have a comment in the filter rules which contains a colon or a fullstop,
they are replaced by spaces when the rules are replicated.

is this a known bug?

Without looking at the code, I suspect that this is intentional. Colons and other special characters can munge up the rules parsing and I'm guessing there's some input validation code that's cleaning out characters that can cause problems.