In my opinion, no, you're not being fussy ... UIs should be consistent
wherever possible. pfSense (and probably m0n0wall, too) has some
inconsistency issues in a few places; I've been meaning to make some
suggestions / patches for some UI improvements and simplifications for
some time. Maybe I'll get round to that someday ...