From: Atkins, Dwane P [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 1:46 PM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: [pfSense Support] SSL configuration with Captive Portal

I was looking at a couple of links on the website about this.

http://forum.pfsense.org/index.php/topic,2966.0.html

http://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=7146.msg40522

We created a file called ca-cert.crt

I copied the file to /var/etc

I have edited the /var/etc/lighty-CaptivePortal-SSL.conf with
ssl.ca-file = "blah.crt"

I saved the configuration file.

I then went to the gui interface and clicked Status->Services and
clicked the restart icon for Ligghtpd.  Once clicked, I waited and
waited.  The gui would never refresh and then you could not web into the
pfSense device unless it was rebooted.

Of course, once rebooted the modifications to the
/var/etc/lighty-CaptivePortal-SSL.conf were eliminated.

I am now using 1.2 RC5 for this.

Can anyone help me at least to get the lighttpd service restarted?  Is
the a CLI command.?  I tried to do a service lighttpd restart, but that
is not a valid command.

Thank you

Dwane