On Feb 11, 2008 8:12 AM, Royce Mitchell III <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Okay, please forgive my ignorance, but if you have two redundant routers
> servicing your BGP, how will they decide who is going to handle a packet
> without some sort of CARP/VRRP communication between them?

OpenBSD does play well with CARP + BGP but since we do not have
CARPDEV yet, we will not have these features.

Stuff like[1]:

     -c          Force bgpd to do carp(4) demotion at startup when the demote
                 functionality is used.  Normally, bgpd will only do demotion
                 at startup when the demotion counter for the group in ques-
                 tion is already greater than 0.  bgpd will start handling de-
                 motion after all sessions with demotion configured for the
                 given group have been successfully established.  At system
                 startup, rc(8) has the demotion counter for the group carp
                 increased until after bgpd is started, so this option should
                 not be used in rc.conf(8).

Will hopefully be available some time in the future.  A patch is being
tested on 7.X right now.

Scott
[1]
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=bgpd&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=OpenBSD+Current&arch=i386&format=html