Radio Tech wrote:
Is there a way to make squid use RAM instead of hard drive for logs and
cache?  I can put 8 gigs of ram in a machine.  I could put a hard drive if i
really had to, but I would really like to not have to.  If it is possible,
can i get some basic instructions on what to do.  Thanks for your help,
Ryan.

Running on
Intel Workstation Board S975XBX2
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 Ghz processor
3 ea Intel PCI-express Desktop Gigabit network cards (plus one onboard)
(WAN1, WAN2, LAN, SPARE)
Transcend 1 gig IDE flash module
2 gigs RAM, but can put more if need be.
(I know this is overkill for 20 computers on 2each  6 meg internet
connections, but I got a good deal on the parts and really need squid to run
fast.  I want to use the Squid Light report utility)