Ngawang Sangye wrote:
I would try that but if you have an upper limit set on all traffic - I assume that LAN to LAN will be limted to that speed (2 Mbit for us). Thats what I experience, and slower because of all the internet traffic competing to the point of unusable connections to local servers for file storage.

This type of setup is not compatible with the traffic shaper in 1.2 because it only properly supports two interface deployments (LAN and WAN). It's already been rewritten in 1.3 to accommodate these types of networks.

Your only option with 1.2 is to use a perimeter firewall for your Internet connection and traffic shaping, and another as an internal router.